Who does VegFund support?
- VegFund supports vegan activists (individuals and nonprofit organizations) who promote messages and behaviors that are 100% plant-based and free of animal exploitation.
- Grantees must be 18 years of age or older. VegFund may work with activists under the age of 18 if they are partnering with an adult.
- VegFund strongly prefers that applicants are vegan. We may make exceptions for non-vegan individuals hosting film screenings or non-vegans partnering with vegans to host an event that targets a mostly non-vegan audience.
What does VegFund fund?
- VegFund funds outreach activities that promote a strictly vegan message and use 100% vegan products. VegFund favors projects that demonstrate an effective outreach strategy targeting non-vegans.
- Most grants are provided as reimbursements rather than up-front payments. We require that all grantees submit itemized receipts and reports on their activities.
- For events or in-person activities, VegFund will fund only events that are open to the public. In some cases, we will support events that charge a nominal admission fee (usually no more than $5 [US]).
What does VegFund not support?
- VegFund will not fund any activity or event that involves animal exploitation. This includes events offering foods with animal products, venues such as zoos or non-sanctuary farms, or use of supplies that contain animal products.
- We do not fund applications for events or projects that have already taken place. All grant applications must be submitted at least two weeks (preferably more) in advance of the event or project to be considered for VegFund support.
- VegFund does not fund for-profit entities or projects that seek to raise money.
- VegFund does not fund personnel expenses covering an activist’s time or travel.
- VegFund will not provide funding or reimbursement for alcohol. We may consider funding events in which alcohol is available or served as long as grant funds do not cover those costs.
- VegFund does not fund events in private homes.
VegFund evaluates grant applications based on the following criteria:
- Does the applicant have a defined plan in place to carry out the project?
- Is there a clear, itemized budget?
- Is there a specific start date and end date?
- For larger projects and events, is there a team in place, or is this a one-person-show?
- Does the project target a non-vegan audience?
- Does the project target a specific non-vegan audience, and is that audience well-defined?
- Does the applicant provide evidence for targeting these audiences?
- Does the project deliver a compelling vegan message?
- Does the applicant present clearly defined goals for the project?
- Is there a communications plan, if needed?
- Is there a clear plan for evaluating event/activity effectiveness?
Visit VegFund’s Grant Overview page for a summary of the grant programs and how to begin your grant application.
Not sure if your project meets VegFund’s grant guidelines? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll respond to your questions at our earliest convenience.
Dzīvnieku brīvība hosted 12 video “paid-per-view” (PPV) events with a food-focused twist at several facilities at the University of Latvia....
This simple checklist will help you to ensure you've got everything covered for your video outreach event.
Encourage members of the public to sign up for VegFund updates!
Recommended short videos
VegFund’s Top Short Video Recommendations Based on our grantee’s popular go-to choices, we’ve compiled a selection of recommended short videos...
Animal Equality Harness the power of virtual reality in your outreach activities with Animal Equality’s 360 degrees experience! A unique...
The Truth About Dairy
James Aspey The dairy industry is one of the most deceitful industries on the planet. James Aspey, exposes the truths...
Recommended veg pledges, challenges, and starter kits
When you’re engaged in vegan outreach and someone expresses interest in taking the next step, it's important to have a call to action ready to support them. Veg pledges are designed to motivate and guide people who wish to explore veganism further.
Encourage your event attendees to download Compassion Over Killing’s FREE vegan starter guide. It’s the perfect beginner’s guide to compassionate...
Encourage your event attendees to try vegan with Veganuary! This online veg pledge has all of the information and guidance...