HOW IT WORKS
As COVID infections decrease and masking regulations relax, please continue to use caution, as needed, and good judgment for in-person gatherings in your locality.
VegFund sponsors events such as conferences and classes that strive to deepen the vegan knowledge base and educate others about plant-based diets and vegan living. Consider what aspects of your event you would like VegFund to cover through a grant, or if there is an existing sponsorship structure through which VegFund could offer support.
We strongly encourage you to start by reading the Grant Guidelines that apply to all grants and the Grant FAQ page. Once you’ve reviewed the guidelines, follow these steps to plan and host a successful VegFund-supported project.
- Determine your audience. Think strategically about the audiences that will be most receptive to the ideas you are presenting and have the most to gain from exposure to concepts of plant-based diets and vegan living.
- Measure your impact. Consider ahead of time how you will measure the effectiveness of your campaign, as VegFund will ask for this information in your final report. For classes and other learning events, VegFund strongly encourages grantees to implement pre- and post-event surveys of participants. You should definitely count the number of participants, as VegFund will ask for this information in your final report. See Measuring the Success of Your Grant-Funded Activity.
- Publicize your event via available channels, such as newsletters, flyers, social media announcements, and local event calendars. Check out VegFund’s post How to Attract Non-Vegans to Your Event for further guidance.
- Review VegFund’s reporting requirements. Refer to your original award message to ensure you meet VegFund’s reporting requirements and deadlines. Grants may be distributed as reimbursements or in multiple installments following receipt of progress reports. It’s important that you’re prepared to submit your grant report on time. See “Reporting Guidelines” on the Grant Guidelines page.
- Receive your grant payment. Learning Events grants may be funded in advance of the project or event, in multiple installments, or as reimbursements. Refer to your original award message for more details. VegFund will distribute your grant payment electronically. If you’re based in the U.S., you will receive an invitation from Bill.com; if based outside the U.S., your grant will be sent via PayPal. For details, see the Payment Guidelines section under Grant Guidelines.
If you find yourself looking for ways to attract more non-vegans to your event or activity or you're frustrated by low turnout, this Resource is for you. We’ve collected tips that cover a broad range of activities, from simple food samplings to large vegfests.
Consider using an event survey to solicit feedback from your attendees. Create your own or adapt this document for your event, and share the results with VegFund.
Eight Food for Life instructors took part in “Cooking to Combat COVID-19,” a community education initiative by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. VegFund awarded grants to the instructors, who offered a series of free classes to the students. Students reported positive outcomes after eating fewer or no animal products.