VegFund requires that all grantees offer literature at grant-funded events, to educate the public about the benefits of plant-based living and/or the harsh realities of our industrialized food system and the treatment of the animals who are used for food.
We require literature distribution or availability in the following grant areas to help ensure that non-vegans have quality take-away information about plant-based living:
- Food Sampling (offer literature to those sampling food)
- Festivals & Fairs (ensure that educational literature is available at your event)
- Film Screenings (ensure that educational literature is available at your event)
- Paid-Per-View (offer literature to those viewing PPV videos)
- Learning Events (offer literature; may depend on the nature of the event)
- Innovative Outreach (offer literature; may depend on the nature of the event)
In addition to displaying your own flyers or recipe cards (always a good idea), select educational literature from our list below, which includes a selection of high-quality leaflets and booklets for your vegan outreach activities. If you mention to the organization that supplies the literature that it’s for a VegFund event, you may get it for free or at a discounted price.
Display educational literature in close proximity to the vegan food, or to the viewing booth if it’s a paid-per-view (PPV) event. If people are waiting in line for food samples or to watch a video, have volunteers distribute the literature so people can read it while they wait.
Health and Fitness
Food and Recipes
Veg Starter Kits and Guides
Religious & Spiritual
- Beyond Carnism booklet (available in English, German, and Spanish)
If you have suggestions for literature that you’d like to see added to this list, please share them with us. We’d love to hear from you!