Before submitting an application, we strongly encourage applicants to carefully review our grant program areas and choose the grant application that best applies to your proposed project.
VegFund asks you to submit applications at least one month ahead of the event or project start date. While we strive to return application decisions swiftly, we cannot guarantee a decision turnaround of less than four weeks. Grantees not based in the United States should allow at least four weeks for review due to requirements set by the U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control.
To begin an application, visit vegfund.org/apply, and register for an account. You will be asked to fill out some personal details, as well as information about your motivations for your activism or advocacy.
Complete an Applicant Profile with additional information about your activism and how you learned about VegFund.
Scroll down to “View Grants,” to see a list of the various grant programs available (visit Grants Overview for more information):
- Community Outreach - grants for one-time events that include offering food samples, hosting a film screening, planning a vegan festival or "vegfest," or other public-based outreach. These grant programs are: Food Sampling, Paid-Per-View, Film Screenings, and Festivals & Fairs. (The same application form is used for all of these grant programs. Events that cover more than one of these activities can be submitted in a single application.)
- Innovative Outreach - grants for more long-term outreach, such as humane education projects, vegan immersion challenges, consumer education, media, or other forms of sustained outreach
- Learning Events & Tools - grants for teaching or educational events, training tools, conferences, or other forms of learning-focused outreach
- Online Campaigns - grants for promoting veganism and plant-based living through online video, social media, or challenge campaigns
- Research - funding to support research activities focused on dietary behavior change or related issues
Start the form and complete all the necessary fields to submit your application.
You can save your progress and leave it as a draft. You can always come back to complete it and submit it when ready.
Important: Make sure you click "Submit" before leaving the page. Otherwise, your application won't be reviewed.