WHO WE ARE
VegFund is all about you. We exist to support you, a member of a global community of vegan advocates in your efforts to inform the public about the benefits of vegan living. VegFund provides grant funding for food sampling, film screenings, vegfests and health fairs, conferences, and learning events. We can even help you bring your own ideas for innovative advocacy to life.
Hand-in-hand with financial support is our commitment to help you maximize the effectiveness of your outreach. VegFund develops trainings for activists, curates the very best research available on plant-based living and effective advocacy, and facilitates information sharing among activists in the vegan community.
Our organization has supported vegan activists in more than 30 countries throughout the world. Dedicated volunteer vegan activists like you bring us closer to a compassionate, vegan world.
Our small staff and low overhead lets us direct the majority of our resources to YOU, because it’s your hard work that brings us closer to a vegan world.
VegFund empowers vegan advocates worldwide through grant funding and supporting effective outreach that inspires people to choose and maintain a vegan lifestyle.
A compassionate and healthy world where all people embrace a vegan way of life.
As an organization, VegFund:
- is committed to promoting vegan living as fundamentally important in its positive impact on human health and well-being, world hunger, environmental and climate health, efficient use of land and water resources, wildlife and habitats, and as the most effective means to exclude all forms of animal exploitation
- focuses its animal rights efforts predominantly on the exploitation of animals used for food — primarily those in the industrial farm complex — because these animals make up the overwhelming majority of animal cruelty, suffering, and deaths
- understands that changing one’s diet is complex and involves overcoming tradition, habit, and cultural and religious values, and thus may require multiple exposures to the facts and ongoing support
- believes that grassroots advocacy is key to the success of the movement and is often the source of groundbreaking ideas most in need of funding and support
- is results-oriented and evaluates all funding applications based solely on merit and alignment with our mission
- requires activists involved in VegFund-supported activities always to interact with the public in a courteous, professional, and welcoming manner
- supports an environment of respect, inclusiveness, personal well-being and security, and teamwork among staff and grantees
- seeks out current, reputable research, as well as available evidence related to effective persuasion and behavioral and social change, in order to incorporate these findings into the scope of our work when pertinent and feasible
- recruits volunteers, advisors, and employees and supports vegan activists who not only demonstrate a clear passion for the values of vegan living and animal rights but also possess relevant, domain-specific knowledge and experience
- funds qualified advocates around the world with a welcoming and accepting attitude toward all regardless of nationality, race, gender, age, and economic and professional status
- welcomes new ideas, always seeks to grow and evolve, and views internal and external changes as opportunities
- is a committed and prudent steward of funds, using them in ways that help the greatest number of animals possible and creating information and messages toward the public’s shaping of compassionate, ethical, and value-based societies
In 2017, VegFund supported more than 500 outreach projects that spread the vegan message to millions of people.