Available research into animal agriculture, vegan influence and behavior change, and other pertinent issues is small, but growing. VegFund offers grants to researchers interested in expanding the available knowledge on such topics and others that contribute to our vision of a compassionate world in which all people adopt a vegan lifestyle.
- Be sure to read the Grant Guidelines that apply to all grants.
- Developing a research question and hypothesis. Research studies should always begin with a question or hypothesis that your research will either prove or disprove.
- Apply for a VegFund grant. Most of the relevant questions regarding your proposed research study are addressed in the grant application. VegFund prioritizes applications submitted at least one month ahead of the event or project start date.
- Publicize your project. If appropriate, publicize your research via appropriate channels. Check out Tips for event promotion for further guidance.
- Measure your success. Consider ahead of time how you will measure the effectiveness of your research project. VegFund will be asking for this information in your final report. This information might include publication, distribution, or presentation of the results; publicity received; responses to the research.
- Reporting and reimbursement. For on-going research projects, VegFund will establish a regular reporting mechanism with the researchers and grantees. Reimbursement will be provided in a phase-by-phase basis.