The Piedmont Area Vegan Educators (PAVE) have developed an informative presentation titled “Plant Power vs Power Plant: What We Consume and the Environment,” which they’ve used as the basis for talks with local environmental organizations. The presentation clearly and concisely lays out the facts and issues of our food and lifestyle choices and their relationship to the environment. PAVE graciously agreed to share it with the VegFund community as a valuable resource for all vegan advocates.
The presentation covers:
- detailed statistics on how animal agriculture impacts the environment (land use, fossil fuels, water)
- products that come from animals
- the environmental effects of the fishing industry, including fish farming (pollution, dead zones, by-catch)
- greenhouse gas sources: animal vs plant agriculture
- the effect of different dietary choices on greenhouse gases
- wildlife/biodiversity in relation to animal agriculture
- food waste
- grass-fed animal facts, and
- egg production and the environment.
The concluding slides provide a valuable list of resources, including websites, books, movies and videos, vegan starter kits, organizations that support farming transitions.
Download “Plant Power vs Power Plant” as a PDF or view it below in SlideShare.