VegFund requires that all grantees offer some form of literature or information at grant-funded events that educates the public about the benefits of plant-based living and/or the harsh realities of our industrialized food system and the fates of the animals used for food.
We require literature distribution or availability in the following grant areas to help ensure that non-vegans have quality take-away information about plant-based living:
- Food Sampling (offer literature to those sampling food)
- Festivals & Fairs (ensure that educational literature is available at your event)
- Film Screenings (ensure that educational literature is available at your event)
- Paid-Per-View (offer literature to those viewing PPV videos)
- Learning Events (offer literature; may depend on the nature of the event)
- Innovative Outreach (offer literature; may depend on the nature of the event)
In addition to displaying your own flyers or recipe cards (always a good idea!), select educational literature from our suggestions below, which include high-quality leaflets, booklets, and cards for your vegan outreach activities. Mention to the organization that supplies the literature that it’s for a VegFund event, and you may get it free or at a discounted price!
Display educational literature in close proximity to the vegan food (or to the viewing booth if it’s a paid-per-view [PPV] event). If people are waiting in line (for food samples or to watch a video), have some of your volunteers distribute the literature. People can read the literature while waiting.
Health & Fitness
Food and Recipes
Veg Starter Kits
Religious & Spiritual
- Beyond Carnism booklet (available in English, German, and Spanish)
If you have suggestions for literature that you’d like to see added to this list, please share them with us. We’d love to hear from you!