12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month . . . and school is out!
The Black Veg Society of Maryland (BVSMD) is pleased to announce its partnership with Changing Lives MD, The African Griot Book Fair, and Safety city @ Druid Park for the Keep It Fresh Fest.
- DJ Tee Brown (Live Entertainment)
- Culture Queen (read along, book signing and performance)
- So Freakin’ Vegan (cooking demo and performance)
- Maria Broom (The Village Bully)
- Crystal Forman (cooking demo)
- Baba C and Janis Curtis (African Griot Host)
- John Carrington (Magician)
- Margaret Ann Locklear (The Greenbook reading)
- Abu the Flutemaker
- Wombworks (youth performers)
The Keep It Fresh Fest is a free festival that will highlight plant-based culinary arts, organic gardening, music, and environmental actions.
Keep It Fresh Fest will feature:
- Workshops and speakers on live, vegan whole foods, organic gardening, and food as medicine
- African Griot Children’s Books
- B-boys and B-girls
- Environmental awareness
Volunteers needed! If you would like to volunteer for this event, please contact BlackVegofMD@gmail.com.
Help VegFund support more outreach like this.