3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. PT / 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. CT / 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET
Join the Y and The Rooted Dish for 4 weeks of plant-based basics. Plant-based foods can help you improve your health and manage your weight, and help with chronic diseases like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabetes.
This 4-week series will:
• teach you why eating more fruits, vegetables, grains, and beans is great for your body;
• give you simple, nutritious recipes that use common ingredients;
• include cooking demonstrations of at least 3 recipes per class;
• provide you with an opportunity to attend a Q&A with a live instructor who has been vegan for almost 10 years;
• give you the support from other people in class looking to make healthy changes; and
• include recipe, meal planning, and nutrition handouts.
June 9th – The Power Of Your Plate
(Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Zesty White Bean Dip, Yes-You-Can Black Bean Chili)
June 16th – How Foods Fight Diabetes
(Good-Enough-For-Guests Green Salad, Zesty Corn Edamame Salad, Cuban Lime Rice)
June 23rd – Foods For A Healthy Weight
(Fruited Breakfast Quinoa, Hummus and Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap, Speedy Veggie Pasta Dinner)
June 30th – How Foods Fight Heart Disease
(Braised Collard Greens, Fiesta Black Bean Dip, Sweet Potato Lentil Curry)
Classes will be held via Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent prior to class.
Any questions? Email Health@ymcadc.org.
Help VegFund support more outreach like this.